DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exiting dasylab via button on worksheet

I have a simple logging worksheet that akes its input from an RS232 interface. The data collection  initiated by a start/stop button in conjunction with entering a file name. The sampling is stopped by clicking on the STop button but as it is running on a laptop with an external monitor, it would be nice to not have to open the laptop, his escape and then exit. Is there any way I can do this with the current start/stop arrangement? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,917 Views)

You can configure the Action module to Exit DASYLab based on an event.

If you don't have the Action module -- no.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,916 Views)

Many thanks for the reply. I can certainly put an action module in the worksheet but can an the event be pressing the stop button to stop the logging process? I guess the action module will need an input but my start/stop switch does not have any outputs etc. Obviously I have tried playing around with action modules but with my surrent start/stop switc I have drawn a blank.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,905 Views)

Try the Event "Measurement Stop" -- it should work, but I haven't tested it lately. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,900 Views)

The start/stop button will stop the measurement but I can't tie this into an action module. If I choose DasyLab as the 'Receiver', how can I configure the action module just act on measurement stop? Soor if I am being a bit daft here but I am in new trrritory here (for me). Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,898 Views)

No need to apologize.

Connect the Action to any wire, preferably one close to the data source. Alternately, create a dummy switch and connect it to the Action. 

The Action needs an input, even if it doesn't use it. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,896 Views)

Many thanks CJ. I seem to have managed to achieve the result I wanted and have now removed the start/stop button as I found the autostart option (the help didn't appear to point anywhere near the measurement setup header). Thanks once again.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,892 Views)