DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DASYLab w/ NI-DAQmx Support of NI 9227, NI 9229 & cDAQ 9174

Solved!
Go to solution
I'm trying to use DASYLab 11 w/ NI-DAQmx 8.5 for my hardware configuration of NI 9227, NI 9229 & cDAQ 9174. After downgrading my Win7 PC to XP which supports NI-DAQmx 8.5 (the lastest NI-DAQmx supported by DASYLab 11), I discovered that NI-DAQmx 8.5 doesn't support the cDAQ 9174. At this time it looks like I'm hosed except to use LABView. Is there any other way at this time to use this hardware configuration with DASYLab or any other application?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,046 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Williamx

DASYLab V11 supports Windows 7 when you install the Service Pack (see www.dasylab.com).

Where do we say that it only supports NI-DAQmx 8.5? I installed the latest from NI.com last week, and it seems to be working fine. I'm only using simulated devices so far, but DASYLab is correctly collecting data and displaying it.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,036 Views)

When I plugged in the cDAQ 9174 chassis with DASYLab 11 on a Win7 box it didn't recognize it. The DASYLab Driver page (excerpt below) states that the NI-DAQmx 8.5.0f5 driver has not been tested w/ Win7, but implies that 8.5 is the latest version supported. Neither did the Measurement & Automation app. (NiMAX.exe) when I had it report all the detected devices.

============================================================================

NI-DAQmx

Driver:
NI-DAQmx 8.5.0f5, NI-CAN 2.5.0f0 (Channel API)
All devices supported by the manufacturersdriver dll can be used

2000, SP 4 - XP Pro, SP 2 - Vista 32 Bit - Vista 64 Bit - WIndows7 32 Bit - Windows7 64 Bit  

============================================================================

I didn't see the news about the V11 SP1 so I'll try it and report back if that resolves the problem. Clearly there's a problem with the information on the different DASYLab web pages not being up-to-date/consistent. For me the critical part was the NI-DAQmx version listed on the driver page for N.I. supported drivers. I hope you're right and thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,032 Views)

I'm working on getting that fixed at www.dasylab.com. It should have been updated when we released the service pack, but apparently was not.

I did check with engineering this morning, and was advised that we tested the service pack with NI-DAQmx 9.1 and Windows 7.

I don't have access to the exact hardware configuration that you mention, but, in simulation it looks okay. I set up the cDAQ 9174 with the 9227 and 9229, create appropriate tasks for them, and then used those tasks in DASYLab.

Note that the default task is "N Samples". For DASYLab's typical operation, you may want to select "Continuous". Configure the number of samples to be about 1/10th of the sample rate, so that DASYLab updates every 1/10 of  a second.

Just to reiterate -- create the task in MAX before starting DASYLab. Make sure that it's working and saved. Close MAX before you open DASYLab.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,028 Views)