cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine signals

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey guys,

I am trying to combine two signals but i got an unexpected error when i combined a relay. I think I am missing something here and I have already tried everything...

Objective: The input data follows different ways depending on the switch. If its follows the first input channel then the signal doesn´t get changed but if it goes to the second one then get delayed depending on the TTL pulse generator. I´m trying to use the block "logic operations" to combine the signals but I get an error and I have already tried with different blocks but always get errors

It would be really nice if u can give me a tip 😉

Attached I´m sending a pic of the layout and error.

Hugs,

Celso 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(7,206 Views)

All of the channels going into the Relay need to use the same timebase. 

The TTL Pulse Generator may not be using the same timebase as the Switch and the Labjack input. 

Look in the module properties for the Timebase button.

Note that I'm not familiar with the Labjack driver. I hope that it creates a timebase.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(7,202 Views)

The blocks that say LabJack don't look like any of the VIs we provide, so not sure what they are.  Not even sure if they are talking to the U12 driver or the UD driver (U3/U6/UE9).

In general our driver functions, and the VIs that call those functions, return basic data types.  For example, eAIN() to read 1 sample from 1 analog input from 1 UD driver device, would simply return a floating point voltage.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(7,199 Views)

@LabJack Support -- this is DASYLab, not LabVIEW. So it won't look the same.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(7,197 Views)

Thanks for the tip that helped a lot! but I still can`t combine the two signals.. I tried the "logical operations" cause I want to create "a or b" but it is not working at all... any tip for that??

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(7,192 Views)

@celsosilva,

which DASYLab LabJack driver do you use, the LabJack U12 driver from here? If yes, this driver support "IRQ Standard" and "Polling". Which mode is used from you - a screen shot from hardware setup is useful? Only the "IRQ Standard" mode is useful if you "export" this timebase for other source modules. The "Polling" mode based on max 5 Hz software clock and is not useful for the timebase for other source modules.

Best regards,
MHa

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(7,188 Views)

You may want to post the actual worksheet.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(7,182 Views)

Hey guys,

attached u can find the layout, measurement setup and hardware setup of the program and card. I am using a Labjack U12 and i download the drivers from the link that @MHa mentioned. How can I change the mode? ("IRQ Standard" or "Polling")

I have the modules twice replicated cause I used two probes in two different reactors, with different operational settings.

The block named "Verknüpfun02 and 03" as logical operational blocks don´t work. The idea is to combine the signals with this block.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(7,173 Views)

I would try this...

Open the Impulsgebe00 and Impulsegeb01 -- click on the Timebase button on the lower right (I'm not sure of the German dialogs).

Select Input... Now the module has an input for timing only. Branch the wire from the Signal router to this new input. 

That should force the timing to match.

ScreenShot355.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(7,166 Views)

I tried that but I still don't get any signal when I use the "logical operation" module. I have noticed that if I don't use the "relay" module then works. Maybe there is another way to stop the measurement after 10 min and then restart it using an action module.

Any suggestions?  

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(7,158 Views)