DAQExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Open other VIs

Hi Guys, 

Apologies in advance if this sounds silly, but in the version of DAQ Express 2.0 5.2... that I have, I am unable to open any .vi files. 

I also have an evaluation version of Labview NXG but I am also unable to open VIs. I know how to create my own VIs within projects but when I go to open project or import, it does not recognise the .vi files. 

If I go "Add file", i can select the .vi file type from the drop down but they dont show in the folder through the dialog but are there when viewed through Windows. 

I would be grateful if someone could let me know what I am doing wrong. 

Also, on a slightly different note, is the functionality (list of functions) limited. 

I am trying to average data but there only seems to be basic functions available. 

Thanks

Bren

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,561 Views)

Hi Bren, 

Thank you for posting this question. I would like to check up on this post since no one in the community has gotten back to you yet.

Please note that LabVIEW NXG has a new file format: .gvi files. In order to open up a .vi in NXG, you need to convert it using these instructions. Which functions is it you are missing in NXG? Please provide some more details.

Best regards,

Sara

Message 2 of 4
(4,517 Views)

Hello, 

I also had an issue opening an older VI file. I was using a trial version LabVIEW NXG as well and tried using the steps that Sara provided.

I still received an error message indicating that the .VI file could not be converted. Is there any other way that I could view/use the old .VI file in LabVIEW NXG?

Thanks you,

Nik

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,256 Views)

Hi Nik, 

To be able to provide specific help it would be good to understand what specific error you were receiving. Are you able to share the error message?

I have linked an article below that might be relevant 

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8aSSAS

It may also be that the VI that you are trying to convert has features that aren't available in NXG yet. 

Thanks, 
Alastair

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,249 Views)