DAQExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stand Alone data logging NI USB 6341

Does the USB 6341 have on board memory to which measurements can be written to in order to be extracted at a later stage?

I am running a series of experiments on a solar air collector in outdoor conditions. I have a USB 6341 available and have programmed my VI's with all my sensors to take the needed measurements as well as to do some calculations while the measurements are being recorded. Since the collector operates in varying climatic conditions, I need to gather as much data as possible. Can the USB 6341 be used as a stand alone data logger without being connected to a computer or is there a way to write the data to the computer using some kind of wifi module. The main problem is that i can't leave a laptop plugged into the USB 6341 for the reuired period of time. I would really like to use this setup instead of a traditional stand alone data logger as it would save me a lot of time and effort in data analysis and is nice to see the real time behaviour of the collector.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,322 Views)

Hi Ruben,

The USB-6341 is not a stand-alone device. It does not have any onboard memory except for the small FIFO register it has to store samples during data transfer and a flash memory where it is stored the device information and the calibration data.

Also, it does not have any type of processor running a Real-Time operating system. Thus, it requires to be connected to a computer to perform any data acquisition task.

This USB device does not have any kind of wifi module.

Regards,

Gustave

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,295 Views)