DAQExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI9423 and DAQExpress

I have a question. I am using NI 9423 to get a Duty Cycle graph.  But, an error message appears saying that this node is not supported in DAQExpress. What does it mean? Does it means DAQExpress does not support hardware fully?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,129 Views)

Hello jameskim638,

Can you share a screenshot of the error message that you get? Additionally, which chassis are you using to connect your NI 9423 to DAQExpress?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,081 Views)

Hello,

I am very sorry for the late response. I have attached the screenshot of the error. I am using CDAQ-9174.

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,057 Views)

Thanks for writing back, James,

Which version of DAQExpress are you using? You can see this information clicking Help > About DAQExpress.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,049 Views)

Thanks for the quick response.

I am using DAQExpress 3.1.0 right now. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,046 Views)

Thanks for the information, James.

I installed DAQExpress 3.1 and simulated a cDAQ-9174 in NI MAX with a NI 9423 inside. I created a project in DAQExpress, added the Duty Cycle Counter Input task, and created a VI to read it using the function you are using. I did not get that message.

I wonder if the DAQmx version you have is not the newest one (which would be an odd case, since NI Package Manager also took care of it in my side). Can you try opening the attached project and see if you get the same message in the DAQmx Read node? (note that the module alias might be different in your system).

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,034 Views)

Good morning,

I tried the one that you sent me and it works fine without giving me any error message. I will download the newest version of DAQExpress if there is one and I will try again. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,025 Views)

Sounds good, James

Let's see what happens with another version of DAQExpress. Else, I wonder if the problem is something configuration-related (of the task or the VI). Feel free to attach the project that is showing his behavior so I can see if it also happens in my side.

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,019 Views)