DAQExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install problems on PXIe hardware

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm having trouble getting DAQExpress to recognize my hardware.  NI MAX shows it ok, and NI-DAQmx Device Driver 18.6 is installed.  However DAQExpress 3.1 shows the hardware as "MIssing SystemDesigner Support" and lists the action as "Install NI-DAQmx 18.6".

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing.  I changed the install order.  I even restored the controller from the recovery image.  Same problem.

You can see the details on the hardware in the screenshots below.

p1.pngp2.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,722 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chrisw222

Hi,

Though DAQExpress uses DAQmx  to communicate with NI hardware, it does not mean everything supported by DAQmx will be supported in DAQExpress.

I've linked the online manual for DAQExpress 3.1, particularly the Supported Hardware page. It looks like DAQExpress only supports cDAQ chassis and certain C Series Modules at this time. 

As a newer software, I would imagine its library of supported hardware will grow over time, but currently, you will need to find an alternative solution. 

Kevin S.
Technical Support Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,694 Views)

For completion, I realized I omitted this link in my previous post: Supported Hardware - DAQExpress 3.1

Kevin S.
Technical Support Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,684 Views)

Ok, thank you.  One suggestion would be for the code to actually report the card as unsupported instead of asking for a specific driver like it does now.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,658 Views)