From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DAQExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Pressure psi reading from DaqExpress

Dear NI community,

I installed DaqExpress, hooked up pressure transducer with NI 9205, and communicate with NI cDAQ 9174. I successfully get the analog input data and chart in voltage reading. How can I convert it to pressure psi reading? I tried scaling, it doesn't work. I tried Math->Numeric->Multiply, which need two input signals, I also tried MathScript, error message says type conflict, I connected a scalar data type and an array type.

What should I try next?

Many thanks!

Y

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,127 Views)

Hi YWTSC,

If you work off of the 'Bridge Continuous Input' example in DAQExpress located at: Examples>Code Samples>Data Acquisition>Analog Input>Bridge Continuous input, this should give you a good starting point.

Basically you need to change your sensor task from a Voltage task to a Bridge or Pressure task, see the screen shot below for what this would look like setup with a 9205. 

Let me know if you have other questions.

Andrew B.
Application Engineer
National Instruments.
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,078 Views)

Andrew,

Many thanks!

Yongkui

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,076 Views)

Hi Yongkui,

I actually misread the module you were using, my recommendation would only work with one of our specific bridge modules(9237 in this case). You'll actually likely want to create a custom voltage with excitation task, then apply a scale in the task accordingly. 

Let me know if you have questions on how that would be done.

Andrew B.
Application Engineer
National Instruments.
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,054 Views)