DAQExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx installation error

Hi,

When i'm opening DAQExpress 2.0 I get the following error message,ErrorDAQExpress.jpg

I did already installed DAQmx 18.0, but without succes.InstalledDAQmx.jpg

Anybody knows a solution?

Kind regards,

Dries

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,891 Views)

Hi Dries, 

Having a look at the error message it looks like there are a few steps to go through to troubleshoot this. 

1 - Please fully reboot your computer and try opening DAQExpress. 
2 - If this doesn't work please open up NI Package Manager and go to the "Installed" section, find DAQmx and uninstall. Once it has uninstalled please reboot and go back to NI Package Manager and install the latest version of DAQmx. 

3 - If this doesn't work I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling DAQExpress 2.0

If you are still encountering problems after this please let me know. 

Good luck! 
Alastair

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,865 Views)

Thx for the answer. Unfortunately it didnt help.
I've tried the installation on an other PC, that worked.
So i think i've to remaster my PC.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,861 Views)

@DriesD wrote:

Thx for the answer. Unfortunately it didnt help.
I've tried the installation on an other PC, that worked.
So i think i've to remaster my PC.

So remastering was the only way.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,851 Views)

Hello.  I am having the same problem.  Loaded the disk that came with a USB6001 DAQ and have had nothing but trouble.  Just tried it on the fourth laptop and I'm spent.  Windows 7 machines and now a very fresh windows 8 machine.  Software loads.  I run all the updates it asks me too one at a time with reboots after each one but nothing helps.  DAQExpress comes up as if loading and then gives the exact same error as above.  Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling many times on too many machines now.  All windows are Pro versions.  Not related to windows firewall as I have checked that.  I also have been reading here and have noticed there is not a "Package manager" anywhere to be found with these installs.  We have VI Package managers on other machines running NI software but not showing up in these downloads. Could the disk be corrupt?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Rich

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,786 Views)

Hi,

Since i had my laptop completedly re-installed, i had no problems anymore.

Dries

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,766 Views)

After reinstallation of both DAQmx and DAQ Express, the issue remains.  

Reimaging resolving the issue implies this is a registry issue, but reimaging is not an option for me. 

Will someone with a working DAQ Express export the National Instruments registry entries?  I could then painstakingly go through them to determine where the issue resides.

Is there another resolution?

Note:  I have tried this method as well: https://forums.ni.com/t5/DAQExpress/DAQExpress-Installation-Problem/m-p/4062360/highlight/false#M285

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,276 Views)