DAQExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQExpress won't start and loading screen is unresponsive with "Loaded NationalInstruments.Native Target"

Solved!
Go to solution

We have multiple users, with different PCs all seeing this issue. Occasionally, DAQExpress will load but 90% of the time we are seeing freeze during the startup.  All of the PCs were working with DAQExpress previously.  It's seems like it could be DAQExpress trying to call NI and getting blocked, but we don't know how.  Is anyone else seeing this issue or are there any suggestions on how to fix it?  We have reinstalled DAQExpress and DAQmx.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,929 Views)
Solution
Accepted by simonj74

Update - the issue was related to security software.  It was silently blocking DAQExpress

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,881 Views)

Hi Simonj74, 

Thank you for sharing the information!

I met the same issue. Do you have a workaround?

Regards,

Wei

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,874 Views)

Our IT folks added all the NI program folders to a white list.  I don't know the exact steps and think it will depend on your firewall and any security software

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,868 Views)

It would be nice if NI stepped up and show the solution? I have standard Windows Defender Firewall from my company. I can change some settings but I don't know which is the problem and talking with IT about NI software workarounds is pointless. How are they suppose to know what "Loaded NationalInstruments.Native Target" means. Come on NI!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,748 Views)