From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DAQExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog output NI6009 DAQ Assistant errore

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone 🙂

I'm a new entry in using Labview.

I have a problem with DAQ Assistant. 

I want to generate an analog output using NI6009; what I want to do is to have a square waveform in output.

So I generate square waveform in Labview using "Square Waveform.vi" and now I want to connect to with DAQ Assistant analog output.

I have 2 problems:

1) If I set in generation mode of analog output 1 Sample(On Demand), when I connect to square waveform, it gives me, obviously the error "Write cannot be performed, because the number of channel in data does not match the number of channels in the task."

2) If I set in generation mode of analog output "Continues Samples" or "N Samples" it gives me the error:

Error - 200077 occured at DAQ Assistant

Possible Reason(s):

Requested value is not a supported value for this property

Property: SampTiingType

You have requested: Sample Clock

You can select: On Demand

I am attaching my vi file. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,220 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gias87

Hi Gias,

first of all the USB-6009 does not support the continuos mode generation (no internal clock is present for Analog Output Task). This is a low cost device so if you need that funcionality, you need to upgrade the hardware.

In the Sample (On Demand) generation you can set the voltage level through software, so you must put the DAQAssistant into a loop and write a scalar value from every channel.

For instance, if you put a 3 element array directly to the DAQ assistant, you're trying to write on 3 different channels.

on demand.png

The Loop period is the update rate. It's a software update rate, so don't expect too much precision and don't go too fast.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,201 Views)

Thank you so much, now it works.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,190 Views)