From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whether PCI-6601/6602/6612 support buffered event counting

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I would like to purchase a counter/ timer card, which captures a signal in 10ms. I am afraid that the microsoft system and LabVIEW could bring about 2ms delay. not so sure whether PCI-6601/6602/6612 supports buffered event counting?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,124 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Treeman1994

Yes they do.  The 6612 is a newer design with many enhanced features and capabilities. Unless you're severely restricted on budget, it's a clear best choice from that group.  (And for certain kinds of measurements, it's the best choice anyway as the others may not be able to do the job effectively.)

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,109 Views)