Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number of pulses

Hello every one ;

I intend to measure the speed of a varying speed wheel using a  photo-coupler (ir transmitter/receiver)  is used in order to detect the number of rotations i have found the output to be a train of pulses that vary in frequency with the speed of the wheel

please help me determine the number of pulses over a certain period of time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,198 Views)

Hi arifat2k,

If I understand you correctly, you want to measure the duration of a counter acquisition.

I recommend starting with some of the shipping examples. In LabVIEW, if you go to Help » Find Examples… the Example Finder will pop up. Browse by task to: Hardware Input and Output » DAQmx » Counter Measurements » Count Digital Events » Count Digital Events.vi. You can then add timing VIs to keep track of the approximate duration of the acquisition. They can be found by right clicking on the block diagram and selecting Timing. There are several timing VIs that might be useful, such as Get Date/Time in Seconds and Elapsed Time. Attached is the example VI pictured below.

Please post back with any questions. If you do, please include more information about your hardware and application. Have a great day!

Message Edited by ryan_d on 11-06-2007 04:43 PM
Ryan D.
District Sales Manager for Boston & Northern New England
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,174 Views)