Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview as a tachometer

How to use a labview program as a tachometer to measure the RPM of a dc motor?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(8,447 Views)
One way to do this would be to setup your counters to preform a frequency measurement. You should be able to find a shipping example that accomplishes this. If you know the freqeuency and duty cycle of the sqaure wave from your motor, you can calculate speed.

Regards,
Anuj d.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(8,439 Views)
My power drill DC motor is part of a setup in an experiment. As the voltage increases the RPM of the drill is NOT linear but changes in an UNCERTAIN way. Thus the voltage applied to the drill is not an indication of the RPM. To find the RPM, I need an external tachometer.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(8,430 Views)
I have attached a file about my setup. I need to measure the RPM of the rotating disk with a tachometer. However I cannot afford one. I have build my own SIMPLE tachometer using a torchlight and a photoresistor diode. Can it work? How do I connect the photoresistor to my 6025E DAQ card? Which PINS? I have attached also the PIN sheet.Do you know where I can get a tachometer.vi.?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(8,407 Views)
Hi everyone!

Do anyone know where I can get a simple tachometer.vi?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(8,377 Views)
Hi,

Check out some of the counter frequency measurement shipping examples in LabVIEW under:

Help >> Find Examples >> Hardware Input and Output >> DAQmx >> Counter Measurements >> Frequency.

-Sal
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(8,369 Views)
Can my idea work with any of the examples?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(8,326 Views)
Is your example found pn LV6.0
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(8,325 Views)
I am not able to locate any shipping examples that measures frequency. It could be I am using LV6.0. Please sent me an example in LV6.0.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(8,324 Views)
Try a little harder. Why don't you simply go to the search tab and enter frequency? From the browse tab, you have Hardware Input and Output>DAQ>Counters. From there, you'll need to know the type of counter on your daq board. Check your manual.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(8,002 Views)