Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

counter update max frequency

Attach is my vi for updating of counter duty cycle. I want ot update faster than current speed around 500Hz. I am using NI 6070E.

Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------
When you feel sad, laugh
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,449 Views)
Hi maymathur,

I modified your code slightly to make it more efficient. The Is Task Done VI was significantly slowing down the update rate. I removed it and now it works alot faster.

Abhinav T.
National Instruments
Abhinav T.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments India

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours
Getting Started with NI-DAQmx
Measurement Fundamentals
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,436 Views)
Hi Abhinav,

Thanks for the answer. If I remove the "is task done" it can work much faster but what is the function of "is task done"? is it just qurey the status and why does it take so long to run?

Is there any difference "Is task done?" and "wait until finish?".

Thanks and with best regds,
maymaythar
------------------------------------------------------------------
When you feel sad, laugh
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,427 Views)

I recall reading about something similar here on the forums before.   Ah yes, here's a thread.  After reading through that thread, it still isn't clear to me why your call to "Is Task Done?" should cause such a slow down.  It sounded like the actual boolean "task done?" status might be stale by up to 100 msec, but the call to query that status should nevertheless return immediately.

-Kevin P.

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,417 Views)