Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong counts on 6602

I am trying to measure time period using Labview example: "Count digital events Buffered Cont. Ext Clock". It modified to write data to the file. Onboard clock 80MHz routed to the CTR1 input.Signal to be measured is divided by ctr7, using another VI: "Gen Dig Pulse". This vi generates pulses based on amount of received edges. Out put of CTR7 is wired as a sample clock for CTR1 to the PFI_0.
Programm works, exept about every 10000 measurements (about every 10 sec) I am getting shift back in counts by same #: 899094. It is not counter rollover.
My computer is:Pentium III, 850 MHz, 256 KB cache, 512M Ram, WIN NT4. SP6.
If anybody experienced same problem or understand it please advice. Thanks.
Aleks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,019 Views)
Aleks,
That does sound odd... is it possible to post your code? Does your count shift back by 899094 multiple times? Does it shift at the same # each time? Could the magic # 899094 be somehow related to the "divide down" factor on ctr7?

If you can post the code, I'll take a look. Maybe you could also tell us what produces the external pulse train, and more detail about what you're trying to characterize.

-Kevin P.
CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,019 Views)