From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiring a SCB-68 to measure the frequency of a TTL pulse signal

Sorry if this is a basic question but could someone please help me and tell me how to wire up a SCB-68 connector block (connected to a AT-MIO-16 DAQ board) so that I can measure the frequency count of a series TTL pulses (signal from photon counting). At the moment I don't understand how the PFI1-9 connections are related to the GPCTR0/GPTR1 counter connections on the block and how they're all realted to the source,gate and out 1-5 connections on the DAQ board.

Ultimately I want to be able to put this measured frequency into a Labview program with a controllable gate period.

Thanks in advance

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,385 Views)
If you go to MAX and then select help from the top menu you eventually get through the menus to NIDAQmx Help. There is a folder for Device Terminals, the M Series is not listed but they are almost the same as the E Series. I'm not familiar with that board, but since no one else answered this you can get the pins from the E Series 68 pin connection diagram.

Otherwise download the Help file for your board and it should be there.

Ed
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,363 Views)
You might want to search the Knowledge Base on the NI's Support Pages for "Cable Mapping for a 68 Pin Connector to a 50 Pin Connector". This should take you to a link that will explain the mapping of a 50way to 68way cable and subsequent lines you are looking for ( reference sub link 68F50M), I guess you have SH6850 cable connected from the AT-MIO16 card to the SCB-68.

Please check out the information about the pin outs, that should help you work out which pins map to the counters, eg GPCTR0_source would be pin 37 on your SCB-68

Regards

Joe (NI)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,344 Views)