Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage Spikes in externally triggered analog voltage acquisitions

Hello,

I'm trying to use a Triggered counter as a clock source for an analog voltage acquisition. I used the Multi-function-Ctr Retrig Pulse Train Generation for AI Sampleclock.vi as my template. It seems to be working, but in my acquired data it  there is a voltage spike associated with each trigger event. If I wire up one of the NI-daq board digital I/O lines and use that as a trigger source I don't see the spikes.

My hardware is a PCI-6259

Some Application Background:

I have a device that is scanning a laser. I'm using it to trigger different hardware acquisitions at each scan point (It has multiple digital outputs for this). VoltageSpikes.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,058 Views)

Based on your description that the triggering using onboard digital pin doesn't cause the spike, there is a possible electrical connection issue for the external trigger. Could you please share the connection diagram of the external trigger and what are the signal specifications of the trigger?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,924 Views)