From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the 6602, I get a -10403 error

I am using Labwindows/CVI 6.0. I can get my 6602 working using EasyDaq functions, but I need more flexibility. I have tried several CTR_ functions, but keep getting a -10403 Device Support Error. Why are these functions inappropriate for a Counter/Timer device?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,717 Views)
Hello;

You are probably using some NI-DAQ counter functions that are not designed to be used with the 6602 device you have.

The best way to go about that is to take a look on the NI-DAQ shipping examples that were written to the 660x devices, and coded in C++. You can find those examples at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\examples\VisualC\ctr. Pick the ones that start with a TIO prefix.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,718 Views)
Is there example for Visual C#.NET or Visual Basic 6 for 6602 as well? I'm getting -10600 error. setup error with Visual C# ( Visual Studio , not Measurement Studio)

iStatus = NI6602.GPCTR_Set_Application(1, ND_COUNTER_0, ND_POSITION_MSR); // Select for motion controller based

iStatus = NI6602.GPCTR_Change_Parameter(1, ND_COUNTER_0, ND_ENCODER_TYPE, ND_QUADRATURE_ENCODER_X4);
iStatus = NI6602.GPCTR_Control(1, ND_COUNTER_0, ND_RESET); // Halt the operation of general counter
iStatus = NI6602.GPCTR_Control(1, ND_COUNTER_0, ND_PROGRAM); // Prepare and Arm PC

Error -10600 appears on iStatus in the last line.
for the rest, iStatus was 0.

May I know what other parameters I need to set to setup properly? Any form of help is appreciated
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,680 Views)
I haven't tried this, but I believe that once you call ND_RESET, it negates any previous settings you've made. So you should probably move the ND_RESET call to before your Set_Application() method call.

I hope this helps!
gus....
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,676 Views)