Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6353 Counter Triggering

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm currently developing a VI which uses a trigger signal to specify a reference point which I need to use to synchronise an analogue input, which can use the trigger, and a digital counter, which doesn't have an option to do so nor will it take trigger blocks. Does anyone know if the USB 6353 supports counter triggering? It seems likely that it does not.

Thanks for any help you can give. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,594 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eagle36

Actually, counter output tasks *can* be configured for a Start Trigger.  Counter input tasks can also be triggered, but not with the regular Start Trigger available through a call to DAQmx Trigger.vi 

What you need to do is use a DAQmx Trigger *property node*.  From there you can configure an "Arm Start Trigger" that will work for counter input tasks.

This has been a long-time source of confusion about counters.  Documentation about it exists, but it hasn't seemed to be prominent or easy to discover.  Here, I just tracked down a previous thread where I posted a couple useful links.   And you can find more info now that you know to search specifically for "Arm Start".

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,583 Views)

Thanks for the help. Worked like a charm. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,545 Views)