cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two pulse trains, one with delayed time

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to get two pulse trains using VI I attached here. I am able two produce two pulse trains but the amplitude of one is very low (0.2V) than expected. Can you please help me how to get same amplitude (5.0V) foe both pulse trains?

Regards,

Bharat

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,167 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author b0giri01

Voltage outputs of counters aren't programmable, so it isn't the program.  The low voltage output is must be connected to a low input impedance circuit.  It's trying to pull more current from the counter than the counter can source, consequently the voltage is pulled way down.

On many devices, counter outputs are limited to a small # of mA.  It varies by device, but you can find it in the specs.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 8
(4,135 Views)

Thanks Kevin,

Yes you are right but I found that the first pulse train from VI is always with high amplitude and 2nd with low whatever the counters chosen.

I am using PCI-6601.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,128 Views)

What are your counter outputs physically wired to?  Did you change the physical wiring when configuring the task to use different counter #'s? 

Each counter has a distinct pin for its output signal.  Are you sure you've identified those pins correctly?

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,122 Views)

Hi,

Counter's outputs are connected to oscilloscope directly (No other physical connection) and I didn't make any changes when configuring.

Regarding the pins for output, I checked it again. All are correct.

Thanks,

Bharat Giri

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,120 Views)

Hi,

I figured out the problem. It's due to the probe I used.

Thanks for your help.

Bharat

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,119 Views)

Just for the sake of future readers, was one probe / scope input at 50 ohms while the other was more like 1 Megaohm?

-Kevin P

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,114 Views)

Yes the ratio is same.

One of the probe was attenuated by 20 times.

Bharat

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,097 Views)