From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to measure frequency with the cFP-CTR-502. Can't get tutorial to work!

Hello,

I am trying to measure the frequency of a signal that I'm counting using the cFP-CTR-502. I can successfully count pulses but I what I really need to know is the RATE of counts (counts/s or the frequency). I have found some Labview programs that supposedly do this that I've downloaded from ni.com (link below). The concept makes sense of using a gate and output but the programming is crazy - at least the program in the link below is. 

1. Is there an easier way to measure the frequency of counts?

2. Why will the program from the link below ( frequency_measurement__ctr_.vi ) not work on my system? I get an error everytime I run it. Could I be missing some VI's necessary for it to run? Or is it from another LabView version that is not compatible?

The entire error is:   -32810 occured at FieldPoint initialization failed. Possible causes, 1. Missing or corrupt configuration file; 2. Failed to create call backs. : FP Open.vi

Link for program: http://sine.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4682 

Thanks in advance for all your help and time!

Sam T

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,543 Views)

Sam,

Have you tried the example titled Frequency Measurement.vi that ships with LV?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,535 Views)