Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestamp from 6533 (dio32HS)

How do I get timestamps from the 6533 in LabView.
I use the daq-card in pattern generation with external clock, as input. Uses the Request signal.

The card is used at high speed and is connected to a DSP-processor (timing adjusted to fit the daq-card). I can make a perfect trace of the data sent to the daq-board.

Q: How do I get the Timestamp?
Q: Do I need extra hardware, I hope not?

A external-after salesman from LabView Belgium told me it was possible without extra hardware but he didn't know how (something about a third column?? kept on the board???). He was going to ask it and mail me a example but probably never got the time to do it.

Q: If I need extra hardware, what do I need?

CU Duvel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,674 Views)
It's enough for you to calculate the timestamp based on the starting time and on the actual scan rate?
If so, you can use Actual Scan Rate output by AI Start.vi to calculate the timestamp array: simply accumulate the inverse of it over for example the value obtained by Get Date/Time in Seconds.vi.
Look at Get Waveform Time Array.vi to learn how NI calculates the timestamp array in Export Waveform To Spreadsheet.

That way you are uncertain of the initial value due to the unpredictability of Windows, but from that moments on the progression is regular and reflects the actual work done by the acquisition card.

Roberto

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,674 Views)
You can generate an array of time based on the start acquisition time and the sample rate you defined at the DIO Start.vi.
Hope this helps.
Filipe
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,674 Views)