Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestamp for each TTL signal input

Thank you very much for the input - I'll need to speek with the team to narrow down our specs, but this is good solid information to help guide the discussion.

Thanks again

Bart

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 34
(3,185 Views)

One more question for you John - are there independent counters for each input such that if two events arrive at the same time they would get the same timestamp?

I know that with some multiple input analog digitizers the inputs are not simultanious sampling as there really is only one ADC that switches between the various inputs inducing a skew related to the switching and settling times.

I'd like to have the recording of the events to be completely independent so as not to affect the time arrivial as recorded.

Thanks

Bart

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 34
(3,184 Views)

There are multiple independent counters, the number depends on the hardware:

M Series: 2 counters

X Series: 4 counters

cDAQ chassis:  4 counters (the modules don't provide counters, just PFI lines that access the counters on the backplane)

6602/6612:  8 counters

The MUXing issue you describe with the analog inputs wouldn't be applicable to the counter tasks.  If you're interested in the time of each event relative to some initial starting time, you'll want to configure a "Count Edges Task" using an "Arm Start Trigger" to synchronize the start of each counter.  

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 34
(3,178 Views)

Hi John,

Do you also have the cascaded counters example written in C?

Best wishes,

Karoline

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 34
(866 Views)