Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Python frequency counter NI 9402

Hi all,

I m trying to get support from NI services, but it seems that this is a complicated task. So, finally I leave here my question to see if anybody can help me. It is not a strange question, and I m sure that this is just easy and common problem.

So, I adquired the NI 9402 TTL digital input/output module with the CDAQ-9171 chassis. I would like to include these for APDs conting, and connect it to QUDI python software (https://github.com/Ulm-IQO/qudi), for frequency counter (i.e. counts/second).

After some searching I ve found the PyDAQmx python package, that with a task i can use, for example the counting edges tool, following for example this scheme:

Example_counter.JPG

However, this is not returning me correct values of the reading. So, here my questions:

1) Do any of you have experience with python coding for counting coding (particularly with frequency counting, i.e. counts/sec) with the NI 9402?

2) Have you any experience integrating this NI device into QUDI?

3) Do you know any place to see script examples of NI counting with python? I m sure that this is super easy task, but I can not get any support or direction, which in fact is not a great performance from this big company.

Thanks a lot in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,102 Views)