Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portable alternative to PXI 6602 and PXI 5152

Hi,

I am developing an ultrasound measurement application.I currently use a PXI 6602 counter timer card for pulse generation and excitation of the transducer..and a PXI 5152 for digitising and processing the recieved echoes. I use a PXI 8360 to connect the chasis to my laptop. The entire application has been built and is working fine. But now I need to develop a much more portable version of the system.

I found out the following two cards that meet my spec :

NI USB 5133 : for analog input

NI 9401/02: for pulse generation.

But I dont want to buy another chasis for the portable system unless all my cards go in there. Could somebody please help me in finding out suitable alternatives that meet my requirements.? Detailed requirements are explained below.

Thanks in advance

Can anybody help me in finding a suitable portable alternative to the counter timer card..?

Analog Input:

Since I need a minimum of 50 MS/s for my analog input..I cuold not find any suitable card in any of the portable chasis(compact DAQ/RIO) except for the USB DAQ..NI USB 5133 that fit my bill.

Pulse Generation:

I need to generate two high frequency digital pulse waveforms ( say 5 pulses @ 5MHz..repeated at 1ms intervals. The second waveform is a precisely delayed version of the first wave..delayed by one half cycle of the high pulse frequency( 5 MHz ) ).This is currently done using three counters. One to generate a trigger and the other two to generate the two outputs using finite pulse generation in retriggerable mode.  Since finite pulse gen requires 2 counters, I effectively need at least 5 counters to do this operation. Otherwise I need a hardware timed DIO card. I could not find any portable cards..(USB ) that met this spec..

The only suitable card I found was NI 9401/9402 that needs a chasis. Is it possible to use  NI 9401/02 without the chasis..and connect it to a laptop directly by using some kind of sleeve...or adapter..? Please give suggestions.

Jayaraj

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,487 Views)