Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting data as X and Y

I have two sets of data that is being acquired. One is an analog input signal and the the other is a counter. The analog input is a laser signal. The counter is an edge counter. Data from both the sources are acquired on a trigger (whenever the trigger signal is high). I have to continously plot these two sets of data. I need to determine by looking at the plot at which counter value my analog signal reached a peak. So the counter value has to be in the X axis and the analog amplitude on the Y axis. How can I plot this in LABVIEW?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,631 Views)

Hi gyrc,

There are three main ways to plot data in LabVIEW.  Both the waveform graph and waveform chart plot your analog input data with respect to time that is based on the sample clock that you are using.  In order to put your own data as the x input of the graph, I would recommend using an XY graph.  There is an express VI that builds the x and y inputs of the XY graph.  I made an example here that acquires analog in data and counter data.  I just have a sine wave for my analog in and a square wave connected to the counter source to count edges.  I then use the Build XY Graph vi to input x and y values and then dynamically update them.  Hopefully this helps you for your application!

Regards,
Vanessa L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,599 Views)

Thank you. I have labview 8.2, so I am unable to open this VI. Can you please post a 8.2 version?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,590 Views)
Here is the VI saved in the 8.2 version.  Please let me know if you need anything else!
Regards,
Vanessa L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,579 Views)