Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 6601 stops working

We are using a PCI 6601 for Digital IO under Windows XP with NIDaq (6.8.1) and Visual C++

The problem:
About evrey 3 weeks the PCI-6601 doesn´t set the Output Pins any more (the old state is left).
If I close and restart my programm, the initialisation and setting which pins are input and which are output is successfull, but setting an new value doesn´t work.
After I restart the whole computer, everything turns back to normal.

My question:
Is that a known probelm?
Does a newer driver and newer NiDaq solve this problem?
Is this probably a hardware problem?
What can I do to solve this problem

with kind regards
Klaus Stocker
klaus.stocker@profactor.at
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,975 Views)
I haven't found any information about an issue like that. So here are some comments, questions and suggestions:

- I don't think that it's very probable that the problem is related to an hardware issue but if you have a chance to try another board of the same type it would be interesting to know if the problem occurrs with this one, too.

- Upgrading NI-DAQ could potentially solve the problem. There are two options:
1. Upgrade to NI-DAQ 6.9.3 which is the last version of traditional NI-DAQ. This is a minor upgrade from the application development point of view but it also contains some fixes for the 660x devices.
2. Upgrade to NI-DAQ 7.4 which contains the old traditional NI-DAQ API based on NI-DAQ 6.9.3 and the new DAQmx API. Using DAQmx means rewriting the code but on the other hand the new driver and API mean a lot of improvements.

- Whenever your system is in the state you describe is it possible to use the board in MAX? Do you see the same behavior there? Do you receive any errors?

Best regards,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,962 Views)