From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6221 is it possible to generate 2 channel pulse sequence at the same time?

Solved!
Go to solution

PCI-6221 is it possible to generate 2 channel pulse sequence at the same time?

why have error with my VI?

PCI-6221 产生两路脉冲序列.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,358 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author xuwenwei

No, not with your M-series device.  On that device, a finite pulse train uses both counters -- one to generate the pulse, one that's used in the background to gate the other with the precise timing needed to control the # pulses.

One of the advances of the X-series MIO boards is that finite pulsetrains only use a single counter.

One sneaky trick I've suggested is to make a dummy finite AO task that simply generates 0 V, but export its sample clock out to a PFI pin to be used as your 2nd finite pulse train.   (You could do the same kind of thing with an AI task if that's otherwise idle.)

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,331 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author xuwenwei

Thank you very much for your answer.  Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,249 Views)