Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXIe-6674T selftest failed

Hi all.

I'm trying to install this Timing Module PXIe-6674T. It appears in MAX, but the selftest failed. It gave this information: "Error in selftest: -54001".
Then I tried to look for the known issues, which are in the NI-Sync 3.3 described, but I cannot access it.

It said "You are not authorized to view this document"

Here is the link: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AE80187853595E53862578BE0053940A?OpenDocument.

Anyone got an idea?

Thank you for all your replies.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,756 Views)

Hi,

did you try to install the module in another slot? Maybe a reinstallation of the NI-Sync Driver would fix your problem.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,744 Views)

My chasis is PXIe-1082 and it has just one slot for the timing module (slot 4). So I cannot put it in the other slot.

Reinstall the NI-Sync driver does not solve the problem.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,739 Views)

Which controller and modules do you use for this chassis?
Do you maybe use Non-NI modules? (for example from Agilent)
Does this error (54001) also appear if you just put the 6674T module in the chassis and try to run the selftest?

Did the selftest of this module anyway work before?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,735 Views)

My controller is PXIe-8370
3 modules: PXIe-6674T Timing Module, PXI-5105 Digitizer, PXI-6733 Analog Output.
I still dont use any Non-NI-Module.

The whole system is new and I have just received them a few days ago. The selftest of 6674T did not work before. The other modules work.

Does this error (54001) also appear if you just put the 6674T module in the chassis and try to run the selftest?

I will give it a try.

Btw, I have tried uninstalling the whole system and reinstall it, but the problem is still there.
I also tried connecting these modules with another PC and it worked. That means it's my PC's issue.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,730 Views)

I assume that the second PC is a different one of your's, so check out wether the other PC has the same NI Software (Versions) and NI Drivers

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,726 Views)

It's my colleague's PC. And yes, both have the same NI softwares and drivers.

I'll find another PC and install on it. Let's see what will happen.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,713 Views)

what was the solution to getting the self test and soft front panels working?

I have Development Suite 2012 SP1 installed with NISync 3.3.5 installed and i'm having he same issue as described above with self test failing and errors coming up for reset and test panels.

-201427 the specified device is not supported within the NI-DAQmx API's.

I have 3 other 5673E installed in a PXI-1085 chassis

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(7,514 Views)
Hi Eric, Has your problem been resolved or are you still experiencing this self-test/test panel issue with the PXIe-6674T? A new version of NI-Sync was released just last week via Update Service, NI-Sync 3.4. I'm curious whether that might resolve your problem. If not, would you mind checking your Windows Event Logs (Application logs) to see if there are any errors/warnings related to your NI-Sync board. It's possible that the driver detected an issue at boot and logged some information there. If I can determine what those warnings/errors are I might be able to take an educated guess at what is taking place. You can reach the Event Viewer by simply typing "Event Viewer" from the start menu. -Mark
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,247 Views)

Mark,

We did find the issue.  I forgot to post the result.  The reason why we could not execute a self test and kept getting errors from the test panel is that the card itself is expecting to be in the timing slot of the chassis, well as it turns out in MAX at the time when i saw these errors this card and others where outside of the chassis or chassis was not present in MAX.  After a couple reboots and resetting MAX the chassis showed up with all the cards under the chassis.  Then the timing module started to behave as expected.  I would also note for anyone else looking up this issue based on your chassis model you might have to update your PXI Platform services.

Message 10 of 10
(7,239 Views)