Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transmit counter input data of different channels simultaneously?

Hello.

I'm using X-series PCIe-6361 DAQ board which have 8 DMA channels and Labview 8.2.1. I upgraded the version of DAQmx as 9.0 which supports the X-series devices and confirmed the board worked normally on my system.

I'm trying to measure the pulse width continuously from 4 different pulse trains with CMOS level. The frequencies of signals are same but the pulse width and phase are varying with respect to time.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/9376

From the tutorial page of NI X-series, I saw the following expression "X Series also includes eight DMA channels to stream data directly between the device and PC memory without CPU interaction or additional programming effort. These eight channels provide parallel data streams for the analog I/O, digital I/O, and all four counter/timers."

But when I started the Labview programming, I realized that the counter functions of different channel cannot be put into a single task. So I couldn't help but separate the read functions into 4 individual tasks and there are timing differences in data transmission between channels up to 250 micro-sec because of the sequential running.

How can I eliminate the timing difference and realize parallel data streams for the counter?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,200 Views)