Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I select the 80 Mhz internal source for the PCI-6602?

The user manual says the PCI-6602 counter/timer has
an internal 80Mhz as well as 20Mhz source. I'm trying
to select the 80Mhz source using the ni-daq function
GPCTR_Change_Parameter() in Visual C++, the header
file nidaqcns.h supports 20Mhz but not 80Mhz.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,041 Views)
Use ND_INTERNAL_MAX_TIMEBASE paramID to define the
source frequency in the GPCTR_Change_Parameter() function.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,036 Views)
Hello;

Try checking out the ND_INTERNAL_MAX_TIMEBASE. This will let you use the maximum time base your device supports

This is mentioned in the function help for GPCTR_Change_Parameter in the NI-DAQ function reference manual. You should have that installed on your machine if you have NI-DAQ installed.

Hope this helps
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,037 Views)
We have tried this solution and it still doesn't work ... Any other solutions or is this just a bug in NI-DAQ ?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,009 Views)
I've never heard of a bug with selecting the 80MHz timebase on the 6602. Can you post the code that isn't working for you and the error message that you are receiving?

gus....
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,994 Views)
Hi, this is a simple program in C as requested that measures the time between two pulses (buffered).
I'm working with the PC-6602, and it doesn't work with an internal 80Mhz source.
The errormessage is "C:\Frederik\gecord\oscillator\bufferperiodtest.cpp(87) : error C2065: 'ND_INTERNAL_80_MHZ' : undeclared identifier
Error executing cl.exe." after compiling. When I use "ND_INTERNAL_MAX_TIMEBASE" it does work, but on 20 MHz, not on 80.

Does anyone know what i have to do?

Thanks

(Ps: working together with "mtytgat")
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,903 Views)
I've found the solution. You've got firts determ the application you want to use (for ex. ND_BUFFERED_PERIOD_MSR) and then the internal timebase (ND_INTERNAL_MAX_TIMEBASE). If you do it the other way around everything works normal, except that the "ND_INTERNAL_MAX_TIMEBASE" 20 MHz is and not 80 MHz.

The solution is simple, but it wasn't very obvious that this was the bug in my programs, because everything else worked normal.

greetz
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,766 Views)