From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i start a buffered period measurement whith a digital hardware start trigger whith a daq-stc counter?

I'm working whith a PCI-MIO-16E-1 in labview and i whant to do a buffered period measurement whith a digital hardware start trigger. The problem is that the counter starts counting imediatly after run the VI and that is what i don't whant! The gate of the counter is already being used for reading the buffer, so how do i the start trigger?
Thanks for the help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,500 Views)
Satiro,

I am attaching an example that I found in our internal database. Basically, the VI begins a buffered period measurement on counter 1 upon a digital start trigger. The gating signal for the buffered operation is a pulse train generated by counter 0. This pulse train is gated by a signal from the specified analog output channel. The analog gate signal goes from low to high upon a digital start trigger.

This VI works with STC based devices and all we need to do is to connect the trigger signal to the selected trigger source. Then, connect the analog output signal to the gate input of counter 0. Finally, connect your period measurement source signal to the default source input of counter 1.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Enter the Analog Output Devi
ce parameters.
2. Make your Pulse Train Gate Specification selections, as desired.
3. Make your Pulse Train Source Specification selections, as desired.
4. Select the counter device number.
5. Enter the Buffered Period Measurement Controls parameters.
6. Connect your signals.
7. Run the VI

Good luck and have a great day!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,500 Views)
Thanks for answer my question, but the VI you attache is not opening in my labview... i don't know why. However, i forgot to tell that counter 0 is already being used for other purpose, so this solution doesn't seem to work.
Thanks anyway 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,500 Views)