From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency and Duty Cycle measurement with NI 9361

Hello,

in the LabVIEW examples there is a Counter - Read Pulse Duty Cycle and Frequency (Continuous).vi

As in this VI, I want to use the Counter 1D Pulse Freq 1Chan NSamp type reading, so that I get a Cluster with frequency and duty cycle.

I have a NI 9361 module. If I select the physical channel "NI_9361/ctr0" on the front Panel, I get an error -200431:

"Selected physical channel does not support the measurement type required by the virtual channel you are creating."

Can anybody tell me how to measure frequency and duty cycle of a PWM Signal using NI 9361?

Message 1 of 5
(5,827 Views)

just for the accuracy:

Chassis: NI cDAQ-9184

LabVIEW 2015 SP1 f5

DAQmx 17.1

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,806 Views)

Hello Madottati

you have to use two counters and wire a bridge between the two inputs. This module do not support combine measurements like semi period and period with frequency measurement. In the datasheet you find the possible options

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,804 Views)

Hi,

thanks for your reply. It's no Problem to use two Counter Inputs, the Problem is to configure the two Tasks.

If I run the attached VI, I get an error -200287 : Some or all of the samples requested have not yet been acquired.

Can you help me how to configure it?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,792 Views)

Hello Madottati                    

sorry i do not have the hardware at the moment so i can not test

bassed on this kb:

How Many Different Tasks Can Concurrently Run on a CompactDAQ Chassis Gen II?

The NI 9361 only supports a single task. If you need to use multiple counters from the NI 9361, you need to add all the required counters to the same Task.

code.png

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,787 Views)