cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example of dynamic averaging for frequency measurment with NI 9361

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am playing around with a cdaq system wth a NI 9361 module. In the past I did my frequency measurements with an x-series board and used the sample clocked measurement method with an external signal which I generated on the board itself and used this to sync all my tasks together. I now have the problem that the 9361 does not seem to support signal generation and in fact only supports the dynamic averaging method. This would not be a problem but unfortunately I cannot find any examples on how to configure this mode properly. Does someone have a minimal working example on the functions involved? c/c++ would be nice, but I think a screenshot of an VI would also work.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,694 Views)

Hi Heiko,

basically you only have to use the Create Virtual Channel function, and select "Dynamic Averaging" as "Measurement Method". Have you done that? If yes, are you experiencing any error messages?

Best,
Jan Göbel

Staff Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,634 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Heiko_Westermann

Hi Jan,

I found the solution in the meantime. Here is some Python-Code which might be helpful for anyone who uses the C-bindings:

DAQmxCreateCIFreqChan(task_handle, physicalChannel, name, min_freq, max_freq, DAQmx_Val_Hz, DAQmx_Val_Rising, DAQmx_Val_DynAvg, 0.001, 10, "")

The reason for my confusion was that the documentation for the DAQmxCreateCIFreqChan-function does not mention the 'Dynamic Averaging'. Anyway, thanks for the response!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,627 Views)