Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver issues after upgrading to Windows 10

We recently had to upgrade our experimental control computers to Windows 10, and I'm having issues with devices not being detected ever since the upgrade. Screenshots of NI-MAX and the Device Manager from one of the computers is attached. I tried disabling Fast Startup, as suggested by this page, but it didn't work. I also tried updating the NI-DAQmx drivers to the current version, also with no success. For the USB devices, I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting and rebooting the devices, and that didn't work, either. Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so, do you have any suggestions for how to fix it?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,269 Views)

Try to reset configuration data in MAX,

Uninstall (with checkmark Delete driver software) in device manager

In Dev Manager try Update Driver -> Browse My PC -> Let me pick... does it show several options with "Show compatible hardware on"?

For usb-6351 correct driver is niraptrkw.sys, original file is in 

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\staging\nirapt\ Try to install that driver manually, 6341 is also listed there.

Is that Matisse TS usb device in MAX - what MAX sees instead of 6341? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,223 Views)

It turns out the solution was to delete the devices in NI-MAX and let it redetect them. That worked for the PCI devices, and the USB devices then needed to be disconnected, power cycled, and reconnected.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,213 Views)