Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does NI have an equivalent to the PC-TIO-10, especially with the IO connector?

I have a PC-TIO-10 that needs to be replaced with a PCI version. The closest I can find is the PCI-6601, but the connector is not the same. This board needs to plug into an existing cable.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,318 Views)
Check out this awesome KB:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/21E5868D2D768C0686256799006487A7?OpenDocument

Regards,
Anuj D.
Message 2 of 4
(3,307 Views)
Check out this awesome KB:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/21E5868D2D768C0686256799006487A7?OpenDocument

Regards,
Anuj D.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,307 Views)
Mr Ed,

As AnujD's reply showed, you should NOT use NI's 68-to-50 pin adapter. You'll need to find another way to map the PCI counter's signals to your test equipment. If you truly cannot change the existing cable, you'll need to make a little interface board that maps from you 50-pin cable to the CORRECT pins of your new 68-pin device.

Your old PC-TIO-10 has 10 counters. How many are being used? What functions do they perform? The PCI-6601 that you mentioned has only 4 counters while the 6602 sister product has 8 counters. Though the raw channel count is lower, these new counter/timer boards are in every other way a HUGE improvement. Hopefully you'll get to take advantage of some of the new features (buffered measurements, digital triggering, quadrature encoder interface, digital filtering, duty cycle changes on-the-fly, etc.)

You should also be aware that just as there isn't a true drop-in replacement on the hardware side, neither will the new counters act as a drop-in replacement on the software side. The driver calls that are used for the PC-TIO-10 counters are not the right ones to use to program a 660x device.

Good luck with the upgrade!

-Kevin P.
CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 4 of 4
(3,303 Views)