From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting the PXI6608 to the BNC2110

Hi all,

I am trying to use the PXI6608 to generate precise pulses. Is it possible to connect the PXI6608 to the BNC2110? I have both, and I am using the cable RS6868 to make the connection. However, the power light indicator is not lighting. Does anybody have an idea about the problem?

Thank you,

JJJJeb

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,661 Views)

Hi JJJJeb,

I think you may find this page very helpful!

Cable and Accessory Guide for 66xx devices:

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53086/en/

From this page we can see that the 6608 looks like it works with the BNC-2121 and not the BNC-2110

Dane S.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,615 Views)

Hi Dane,

Actually, I bought the PXI6608 and the BNC2110 as a recommendation from a NI engineer.

I realized it is possible to feed the BNC with 5 V from an external source. However, that is not convenient.

In a simple way, I would like to generate a very precise pulse in time in order to control a FET relay. The problem is the PXI6608 manual presents too many concepts that I am not familiar with. So, I have a simple application, and it seems to PXI6608 is really useful for that. However, I do not know how to start. Do you have any recommendation in this regard?

JJJJeb

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,608 Views)

For getting started you may consider looking at digital output and counter output examples that are included in DAQmx. 

There is an article about where to find examples:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P9DUSA0

Dane S.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,597 Views)

Thanks.

I will check this out.

JJJJeb

0 Kudos