Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BNC 2121 manual

Hi

I'm having a little trouble understanding the manual for BNC 2121. I have connected it to a PCI 6602, and I want to read the frequency of the signal using LabVIEW. But I am unable to understand clearly what the procedure to do so is, from the manual. Here is what the manual says:

To measure a frequency using counter pair 0 and 1, complete the following steps.

1. In the C interface or in LabVIEW, select GATE as the output of the other counter. This selection allows OUT of counter 1 to be the GATE signal for counter 0.

2. Connect a wire from the (square wave) spring terminal to SOURCE of counter 0, which is PFI 39. The counter counts the number of edges received during the interval defined by OUT of counter 1. The frequency measured is the number of counts divided by the duration of GATE in seconds. Another counter pair also can be similarly used.

Now, what I do not understand is, how do I select GATE as the output of the other counter in LabVIEW? Also, the connection that it asks me to make as stated in step 2, does not show any signal on LabVIEW, but when I connect the square wave spring terminal to the GATE of, say CTR 0, I can read the frequency on LabVIEW. Is this the correct way to do this?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,219 Views)

This describes connections when using 2 counters measurement method and doing raw manual configuration of both counters. 

When you configure counter task in labview (2 counters, or 1 counter method), daqmx makes connections internally on 6602, you just need to connect input signal.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,157 Views)