Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6052E and BNC-2110

Hi-
   I'm looking for a way to use my BNC-2110 connector block to utilize all 16 of my PCI-6052E's analog input channels. Alternatively, I'd be happy to learn of a different BNC connector block that will allow me to do this...
Thank you!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,035 Views)
You could build your own using a ribbon cable, break out card, and discrete BNC connectors.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,022 Views)
Wrong answer???
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,010 Views)
It's a fine answer. Nothing wrong about it, and it's a good solution for someone who has the knowledge, time and materials.
But my question is can I use my BNC-2110 to access all 16 analog input channels on my PCI-6052E board? If not, is there another BNC connector box available that will allow me to do so?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,994 Views)
NeuroSci,

It is possible, though unsupported, to set the BNC-2110 to differential mode (floating source) and wire each single-ended channel to the center connector of the BNC terminal, and the single ended channel number + 8 to the shield of the BNC terminal.Both of these signals would have to be referenced to AIGND or AISENSE, both available at the screw terminals. For instance, the signal you want to connect to AI0 would be connected to the center pin of the ACH0 BNC, and the AI8 signal would be connected to the ACH0 BNC shield. For grounded signal sources, the ground side of these signals would be connected to AISENSE. For nongrounded sources, the ground side should be connected to AIGND.

Or course, this would not be a very reliable method of connection, more or less defeating the purpose of using a BNC terminal block. I would recommend you purchase a BNC-2111.

Regards,
Ryan Verret
Product Marketing Engineer
Signal Generators
National Instruments
Message 5 of 7
(3,994 Views)
Thanks, Ryan V... sorry to hear that the BNC-2110 isn't quite up to the task, but thanks for the suggestion on the BNC-2111.  I see the BNC-2090 will do the trick, too...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,982 Views)
NeuroSci,

You are correct. The BNC-2090 will also work.

Best of luck!
Ryan Verret
Product Marketing Engineer
Signal Generators
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,976 Views)