Control Design and Simulation Enthusiasts

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

control design and simulation error: "wire: is a member of cycle"

Hello;

I am doing my senior project in controlling extruder machine using LabView. I did my design and simulation using SIMULINK but I need to implement some transfer functions in labview for decoupling the process.

decoupling2.JPG

and i implement labview 2011 with tool control design and simulation, but there seems eror in wired "wire: is a member of cycle"

xxx.jpg

is there any solution for this, please help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,612 Views)
1 REPLY

Re: control design and simulation error: "wire: is a member of cycle"

Hi,

due to nature of your transfer functions equations (no integrator or delay in transfer function 7 and transfer function 8) you've created an algebraic loop that cannot be solved unless you have an algebraic loop sover (at least try to solve it).

Actually Simulink should warn you about it and if I recall there is an option to force an error on your model if you have such thing. Looks like it's disabled in your case if you didn't see this warning or error. Simulink does have an algebraic loop sover that it's trying to solve this loop, Labview seems does not have.

You should review the tf7 and tf8 to see if you can remove this loop, as I see, especially tf7 (like -0.005, 0.0021) to see if you can impose an integrator there.

If not put a transport delay on tf7 or tf8 (or a feedback node) and everything will be ok.

Cosmin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,074 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.