cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Analyzer Tests Failing in CI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

Recently I've started using CI with a LabVIEW Project.

One of the steps is running a VI Analyzer Test Suite. Apparently, the tests pass in my machine (or two of my machines), but some of them fail when running on CI.

Does anyone have a clue what is going on?

I didn't know if I should post here or in the VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Group, but here I felt that it would be the best place.

I am using Gitlab CI and Docker with LabVIEW 20.0f1.

Here is an example of the failing tests.

code quality.PNG

For now, I consider these tests as low ranking, then they do not interfere with my pipeline. But it is a workaround and not a solution.

Thanks.

Felipe Pinheiro Silva

Follow my blog for LV content!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,037 Views)

Fonts. 

You probably have different fonts on your build/test machine than your development machine.

Try setting the default font in the LV ini on both sides to the same font (and make sure that font is on both machines).

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,025 Views)

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019UgESAU&l=en-US

Here is how you can change on your dev machine using the dialog boxes. See what keys that adds to your ini file and then copy them over to your test/build machine. Again they both need to have the same font installed.

Sam Taggart
DQMH Trusted Advisor
GCentral
Message 3 of 6
(3,022 Views)

@Taggart  escreveu:

Fonts. 

You probably have different fonts on your build/test machine than your development machine.

Try setting the default font in the LV ini on both sides to the same font (and make sure that font is on both machines).

That is probably the right answer, but I couldn't confirm this yet.

It turns out that I used a base image from windows docker that had no fonts installed in it, which is probably causing this.

I my installations, I always use default font in both ini files, so it is not a configuration issue.

I found out that the base font for LabVIEW is listed here (Segoi UI) https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8q6SAC&l

But after installing this font in the image, it didn't solve, then I tried to install all the fonts in my PC, and again, not a change.

I will keep digging. 

Felipe Pinheiro Silva

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,011 Views)

any luck?

Sam Taggart
DQMH Trusted Advisor
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,918 Views)
Solution
Accepted by felipe.foz

@Taggart  escreveu:

any luck?

Hi Sam,

Sorry for not answering before. The forums notifications are not the best in their job.

I tried to install fonts in the docker image, but it didn't work. The base image was one suggested by rdecarreau, and it was a windows server if I am not mistake.

The solution was changing the base image to Windows 1909, unfortunately it is double the size but it works with no problem.

Thanks.

Regards,

Felipe Pinheiro Silva

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,779 Views)