Continuous Integration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Week Continuous Integration with Jenkins and LabVIEW Presentation

Hey All,

Attached is the presentation I gave at NI Week, TS6941 - Continuous Integration with Jenkins and LabVIEW. The source code I discuss in the presentation can be found on our github repo here.

I hope to upload a "Getting Started" guide of sorts sometime in the next two weeks that describes the steps to download and setup the autobuild files as well as common problems (like the LabVIEW App Wed Server and Jenkins both defaulting to port 8080 and conflicting). So look for that on the horizon.

Any comments or feedback on the presentation, autobuild code, or general thoughts on additional feature implementation with Jenkins would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ryan_S

Message 1 of 10
(16,128 Views)

can u please elaborate the things

Senthil Prakash S
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(13,482 Views)

how to set the settings in Jenkins and download plugins for NI in labVIEW

Senthil Prakash S
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(13,484 Views)

Hey thilprakash,

The process for setting up Jenkins with the autobuild files is a little involved, but I hope to have some basic steps laid out later this week and added to the repository (https://github.com/NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/Jenkins-Autobuild). Until I can get the basic guide up, do you have any specific questions?

Message 4 of 10
(13,484 Views)

The presentation need to be elaborated. I have downloaded the files how to

call them in Jenkins and setup in LabVIEW

Regards

Senthil prakash

Senthil Prakash S
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(13,484 Views)

Hey Senthil,

I'm working on the getting started doc. Hope to have it done later this week. I'll upload a rough draft as soon as I have one. --Ryan_S

Message 6 of 10
(13,484 Views)

Is the "AD7023 – Removing Barriers to Entry for Continuous Integration in LabVIEW" presentation available? I searched in the community but could not find it.I was unable to attend that session but would like to view the presentation.

Ryan on a personal note I really enjoyed the session. Thanks for putting it together.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(13,484 Views)

AD7023 will be posted to this group soon, along with our source code.  We're working through package definitions and builds at the moment.  You'd be surprised how fiddly that can be.

Watch for updates!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(13,484 Views)

Awaiting for your Getting Started Guide... Ryan_S

Senthil Prakash S
Message 9 of 10
(13,484 Views)

Hey thilprakash,

Apologies for the delay, unfortunately other tasks were taking precedence. I've uploaded the first revision of the document here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-43900. Please give it a read and let me know if you have any questions (in the comments of that doc). If the questions are detailed, we can also start them as a discussion in the group. Hope you find the doc helpful!

--Ryan_S

Message 10 of 10
(13,484 Views)