Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CompactRIO Waveform Library

The exmaple VI allows you dynamically change the names of the channels based on the channel name entered on the Real time. Which property node takes this data regarding channel names from the RT to FPGA? Does it happen in the create block of the cRIO wfm refernece library or in some other block form the same library. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 111 of 115
(4,007 Views)

Hello,

I will try to answer according to my knowledge using this library. 

The data in "Channel Info" cluster is used in the VI "CreatChan.vi". In this VI is created a cluster with all information regarding channels as number of channels, sensitivity, etc.. Also in this VI the Array for Scaling Channels is created and send to FPGA using the control "Chan Scale Array". After that all information about the channels run in this "sampling info" cluster. It is used in all other VI's for many purposes. 

0 Kudos
Message 112 of 115
(3,915 Views)

Hello all, I am new here, I need to use this library with delta-sigma and SAR modules, my delta sigma module is NI 9207 but it does not have start-stop options neither the "MASter time base source" as told in attached pdf provided with this library to customize it for different modules. can anyone help me to customize this library for the NI9207  module?
thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 113 of 115
(3,685 Views)

Hello Everyone, I see this is a very old thread and I'm not sure how much this library is actually used?  It seems very useful, however I found it's support for the NI 9775 digitizer very poor.  I am attempting to configure and stream data from the 9775, and would like to use the "continuous" example code in the Waveform Library to do this.  

However, when selecting the 9775 in the dropdown menu of the polymorphic sub-VI within the FPGA Continuous VI, I can't ever seem to set sample rates and samples per channel in a way that will function properly.  When configuring the FPGA settings for the module, the "continuous data rate" setting input and the sub-VI output aren't compatible.  

Should I just abandon trying to make this example work for the 9775?  I would really like to use several of the waveform VI's to start and stop capture, config buffers and such, but it doesn't appear to be very straightforward to adapt the way they work to the 9775 module.

Any suggestions you have would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 114 of 115
(1,615 Views)

In addition to some of these problems, I found that there appears to be an error in the "dsagetdatarate" polymorphic VI (FPGA continuous example code VI).  When the number of data channels for recording is set to 4 (the default in the example code) the output of the datarate VI is the 1 channel ring control for the 9775, not the 4 channel control.  This is demonstrated by a red dot on the continuous data rate input of the 9775 control node, which goes away if I place the correct ring control onto it.

It doesn't appear that this library is maintained, or hasn't been maintained recently, which is unfortunate.  It looks useful, but it doesn't appear to support certain devices very well unfortunately.

If anyone has tips and tricks around this, I sure would appreciate them 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 115 of 115
(1,604 Views)