From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Community Documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHA-1 Cryptographic Hash Function

The SHA-1 encryption algorithm is often used for encrypting passwords. This is a pure LabVIEW implementation (meaning it will run on Windows, RT, and technically FPGA with a few modifications and fixing array sizes).

The algorithm is similar to the MD5 hash (which is included in LabVIEW).

This version could also serve as the basis for implementing the SHA-2 or variant algorithm in LabVIEW.

For more information on the SHA-1 see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHA_hash_functions

Comments
manicnobody
on

Is there a chance to get these VIs for Labview 8.5? Unfortunately I don't have Labview 9 and need a SHA-1 implementation for password hashing.

MarcoPolo5
on

Uploaded LV8.0 and later compatible VI's - happy hashing!

manicnobody
on

I already got a working version for LV8.5 in the forums, but nevertheless: Thank you! I bet this will help some people.

kewal
on

Thanks for sharing!

depa88
on

Hello!

I try to calculate a check sum of a full file instead of just a string.

To do so I modified the example as below:

depa88_1-1614696205048.png

Unfortunately when I compare my result with the one provided with 7-zip i obtain a different result (If you have 7-zip installed on your PC you can gat the sha-1 has just by right click---> CRC sha---> sha1)

depa88_0-1614696074557.png

I am not sure if 7-zip actually open the file and read the content or it has an other procedure.

Someone has an idea about how can I gat the same result?

depa88
on

I found the error by myself, here the solution to my question:

depa88_0-1617281072386.png

Contributors