Coherent Solutions Optical Modules

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2E VI Communications

Solved!
Go to solution

I am working on getting the O2E card to communicate with my other LabView code. Specifically, I would like to be able to cycle the output signal state on/off. There is a command in the programmer's guide to do this but I am getting a timeout error (to me it appears that the command is not registering correctly).

Commands that I am able to correctly operate with are the *IDN? and *OPT? queries. I cannot enumerate the slot otherwise these also fail, i.e. :SLOT3:IDN? fails.

I am quite puzzled that I am able to communicate with the card in one fashion but not another. This would imply to me that driver configuration and NIMax settings are correct but maybe I do not have my VISA commands formatted correctly.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,017 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DylanIsmari

I found out the issue. I have the server installed as "Multi-Chassis Mode". By digging through the Web Application's Javascript and Python I determined, I need to prepend "CHASSIS1:" to all my commands and in the case for "*IDN?", the "CHASSIS1" was being lumped into wildcard. Should really have this better documented through the programming guide.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,008 Views)