Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clad sample exam 1 question

Hi.

I noticed this question in the clad sample exam 1

Which of the following statements is FALSE?
a. A SubVI connector pane defines where to wire inputs and outputs
b. The color of a SubVI connector pane terminal matches the data type it is connected to
c. You must have an icon/connector pane to use a SubVI
d. A SubVI icon can be edited from the functions palette

In the answers it says D.

Wouldn't 'C' be the right answer ? I know that the icon is optional, but you must build the connector pane to use a sub vi.

Nevertheless, I found an invoke node (VI Icon -> Set from file/image data) that can edit the vi icon, therefore you could pick a vi server reference and an invoke node, all from the functions palette.

What do you guys think ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(8,839 Views)

Nope D is the correct answer.

For C, you must have a connector pane in a subVI.  (Of course it is possible to have no terminals setup on it, or even no wires wired to it even if there are terminals set up.)  Any every subVI has an icon, it is not optional.  It might be the default icon from LabVIEW, or even a blank one, but it is always there.

For D, no you can't edit it from the functions palette.  I had actually never come across that invoke node you mentioned.  I don't think it is one that 99.9% of LV programmers would ever use.  I'd argue that you aren't editing the icon with that from the palette.  Yes you did grab it from a palette.  But really it is just a way to programmatically set the icon, you're not actually doing any "editing" with it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(8,835 Views)

Hi George

If you are interested in other CLAD style questions:  Check out 'The Daily CLAD' blog

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(8,807 Views)