From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: CLD-R Advice

Well, today I recertified CLD again!  6 years ago I  took the written test, 4 years ago I made it by points and I just got back from  Pearson Vue with another successful exam result.

Those who follow my posts know why certification is beneficial to me and, perhaps something about why I post frequently. 

The test still focuses upon how LabVIEW implements good design and is a deep dive knowledge check (some call it a trivia pursuit game.. I don't think that the examinee should not be able to just plain know a bit of what implements what design factors in LabVIEW )

Could it be improved?  Sure.  Did it test my ability to decide what pattern is needed? Yes,  and quizzed me on if I knew what things to review when code is set in front of me!

I disliked some of the questions but, with a mere "seven-oh and go" that is manageable.   Expect to lose some points but, don't worry about them. I didn't ace the test.  But, I  did have plenty of time left over to review the misses.  Most were bad keys or inaccurate distractors!  One was so obsolete method property I have not used in 8 years.  I can live with the score. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 1 of 1
(3,240 Views)