Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two questions on the CLAD Exam Preparation Guide using LabVIEW 2017

Solved!
Go to solution

I just completed Core 1 and 2, and decided to look at the CLAD Exam Preparation Guide. I bit harder than I expected, but I passed it. Still, two questions baffled me, and I'll be grateful if anyone can clarify:

(1) In the section 'LabVIEW Programming Fundamentals', Q4 (p. 22) -- I believe the answer is wrong. I thought it would be (B), the answer was given as (D). I created the block diagram in (B) and it shows exactly the output in the question.

(2) In the section 'Programming Best Practices', Q2 (p. 30) --  I cannot figure out why the correct answer is (B) and not (D). I coded the BD in the question and sure enough, the output was the one in (B). Can someone explain why?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,178 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gmand
For Page 22, Q4, Answer choice (B) shows a 1D array being built, which means "concatenate inputs" is enabled, so you would only see a single curve on the graph.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,176 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gmand
For page 30, Q2, the " Williams" never gets to the output cluster. At the point where Age is unbundled, that cluster stops propagating. The output is simply the cluster constant with the age incremented by 1.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,176 Views)

@Gregory wrote:
For Page 22, Q4, Answer choice (B) shows a 1D array being built, which means "concatenate inputs" is enabled, so you would only see a single curve on the graph.

Thanks for the reply! I see it now -- they have forced the output of Build Array to 'Concatenate inputs', and not the default! I didn't look closely at the output wire

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,141 Views)