Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Training and Certification Experiment

Episode 1:  A Funny Thing Happened On The Way to Jeff's Mailbox.

Feel free to ignore this post It is intended as more of a blog than a discussion yet, I think it does belong on this board.

So, we all eagerly awaited our LabVIEW 2012 DVD's.  (OK I'm a geek LabVIEW releases are like birthday parties and Christmas mornings to me) Yet for some reason my DVD's had not arrived before the premier event and actually had inserted the evaluation copy into my home PC when the doorbell rang.

It was "Neighbor Jeff" who had acidentally opened my mail containing my DVDs.  Neighbor Jeff is fairly computer savvy, reasonable intellegent, and a bit underemploied.  So, I decided to experiment on him by handing the eval copy over and explaining he could learn LabVIEW from the online resources available.

A week later I followed up.  to him it seemed "Fine" and "Like something he could learn to do."  Then he asked me point blank "Can a guy make $xx per hour doing that?"  I answered that my going rate was twice that figure. 

I'll keep the thread updated periodically with Neighbor Jeff's observations.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,104 Views)

Hi Jeff,

any follow-ups? Does your neighbour know he's serving as a lab mouse? Smiley Happy

Best Regards

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,013 Views)

"Lab Mouse" as in super intelligent aliens in another dimension? (Doug Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,762 Views)